Sales& Merchandising Representative NYC,Brooklyn - USA
Duties and responsibilities
Territory Sales Representative is a full-time position with the main responsibilities of selling and merchandising FMNY’s full line products in all existing and newly opened accounts. Typical store formats would include convenience, large and mid-sized grocery stores, supermarkets, etc. We are looking for motivated, energetic individuals able to work independently as part of a team.
Most frequently performed tasks include:
• Visit customer stores/ accounts within assigned territory to grow sales, find solutions to faced issues, maintain and grow business.
• Understand customer needs and expectations.
• Open new accounts and grow sales of existing once through additional products and better instore placement.
• Elaborate on building customer database and maintain it daily using provided CRM software.
• Maintain sufficient level of brand & product knowledge in respective categories. Pay attention to sales trends and report changes.
• Collect payments from accounts
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must have a personal vehicle in good condition.
• Must maintain personal vehicle insurance with minimum coverage of $300,000 per person and per accident along with $100,000 property damage.
• In regard to optimal job performance, it is preferable that the applicant resides within the assigned territory.
• Must be able to drive between accounts/ stores, with daily mileage varying between 10-20 miles.
• Must be able to use tablet or other identical technology provided by company.
• Must be adaptive to changes in assigned territory.
• Must have problem solving and negotiations skills.
• Must have multitasking and time management skills.
• A Territory Sales Representative will visit between 10 and 12+ accounts per day.
• Depending on assigned territory, job responsibility could often come along with covering distance between accounts by walking. Candidate must have the ability to walk, stand and sustain physical activity.
• Must be able to lift merchandise weight 10 – 30 lbs. on ongoing basis.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED is a must, Bachelor degree in Economics is considered an advantage;
• Experience: 1-2 years of food merchandising and sales is preferred but not required.
• Established accounts list with contacts and knowledge of the industry that can bring new business is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written English.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Spanish language is considered as an advantage
• Must have an authorization to legally work in the United States.
• Must have Social Security number.
• Must have a valid US driver’s license.
Typical working hours:
Start time – 8:00am – 9:00am
End time – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
What’s in for you:
• Competitive salary and attractive commission based on performance of pre-defined sales goals
• Monthly car allowance.
• Reimbursement of fuel expenses designated for performing job responsibilities. Reimbursement of other expenses such as parking, tolls taxes, etc.
• Paid 2-week training.
• Paid days of
• Coupons for free own products snack of choice each month.
FICOSOTA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. Candidates must pass pre-employment background check.