Senior Purchasing Specialist Sofia - Bulgaria
The Senior Purchasing Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Head of Purchasing and supply, representing FICOSOTA to the community of packaging suppliers. The Purchasing Specialist works closely with Production, R&D, QA, Supply and Marketing departments to identify company requirements, select suppliers who deliver competitive advantage to the company and create together the best products. The Purchasing Specialist coordinates the purchasing process, serves as an expert for all purchasing-related points and procedures and the company demands for packaging.
- Establish, develop and keep the good business relations with suppliers. Track out and analyze vendor performance, pricing, delivery cycles etc. and provide feedback where applicable.
- Actively participate in/ lead the negotiation process and preparation and negotiating the most favorable business terms.
- Project and change management
- Explore and analyze potential alternative suppliers and materials.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, streamlined processes and procedures, smart procurement strategies.
- Develop and maintain high level of expertise in packaging areas, acquire and use in-depth knowledge of the industry, its competitive dynamics, technological and product trends, the suppliers and their capabilities.
- Manage supply chain risk of the packaging.
- Collaborate with Supply Specialists Team in claims dealing, purchasing orders and warehouse stock optimization.
- Prepare contracts, supplier’s assessment and periodical report. Keep database of suppliers, materials and prices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
We are looking for enthusiastic person with:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position of negotiating with suppliers from international environment and project management using agile methodology
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English and Bulgarian
- Excellent computer skills of MS Office
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in International Economic Relations, Business Management, Economics
- Skilled project management player with accent on pro-active solutions
- Can-do and entrepreneur attitude.
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic and logical thinking, ability to systemize and analyze.
- Organized, details oriented and friendly team player
- Fast-speed ability to identify and solve problems
- Driving license and long driving experience