Head of R&D and QA/QC Department Sofia - Bulgaria
HEAD OF R&D AND QA/QC DEPARTMENT
Hygiene disposable and tissue business unit, FICOSOTA
Role & Responsibilities
Hygiene disposable and tissue products include baby diapers and pants, toilet paper and kitchen towel rolls, adult diapers and pants and wet wipes. The R&D department ensures product development in a very short launch-to-market period. Important innovations for customers take place in the field of eco-awareness, cost efficiency and improved functioning of the products.
The Head of R&D and QA/ QC in Hygiene Disposable and Tissue products business unit leads and initiates the development of competitive disposable and tissue products and manages all technology and quality activities relating to the product safety, risk management and production quality. The candidate is expected to be well-versed with product creation, related regulations, and certifications. This role reports to the Head of the business unit.
Key Responsibilities (R&D):
- Manage and develop the research and development of all existing and new products, product concepts and recipes of the business unit.
- Handle all new recipes of HDT products – from formula and costing creation, trials and development to SOPs for production, product launch and scale-up.
- Ensure all product creation complies with customer and legal regulatory requirements within the country of use.
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs.
- Constantly improve product costings based on raw materials alternatives and efficiency improvement in the production without quality performance compromise
- Lead and motivate a team of specialists and laboratory technicians in R&D, QA/QC department
- Working with the marketing team, to identify market opportunities by analyzing market share, competitor products and continually seeking new/untapped opportunities.
- Provide technical support to Production staff as needed to resolve manufacturing issues. Assist engineering, product management, and marketing as requested.
- Provide technical support to Purchasing staff as needed to search and order materials for the product production and resolve supply issues
Key Responsibilities (QA/QC):
- Establish QA/QC objectives of the department aligned to management goals and company direction.
- Collaborate with other departments, customers, suppliers and government regulatory bodies to ensure that quality is kept as a high priority within the company/HDT unit.
- Maintain and upgrade the established lab and lab integrity through maintenance of quality standards through calibration of all measuring and test equipment in the laboratory and adequate assessment of vendors/partners.
- Conduct audit and evaluation of quality assessment and qualification for all material suppliers (local and international).
- Ensure that all SOPs for HDT quality and safety to fulfil local/international certification requirements.
- Where/when required, to conduct root-cause analysis of customer complaint/s and offer quality assessments and possible solutions to prevent future re-occurrence.
- Where/when required, to prepare quality report for submission to management including progressive status updates on KPI, performance, internal & external audit information; etc.
- Bachelor/ Master of Science in Chemistry or Physics, Engineering is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in product development processes.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in people management.
- Knowledge in Pulp and paper chemistry and polymer chemistry could be an advantage.
- Solid analytical skills and process thinking. Accuracy and attention to detail important.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
- Proactive in seeking solutions and good problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Driver's license and willingness to travel.
If you believe that your profile meets the above requirements, and you are interested in joining our team, please apply with your CV.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.